How to Find Your Perfect Bottle of Wine
The relationship between a person and a glass of their favorite wine is delicate and intimate. It can take decades to find the one, and once you do, you'll know because you'll no longer want for a sip of wine; you'll want for a sip of the wine. Then again, tastes change.
If you're looking for a new pourable companion or have yet to find one, then Sam Liquor Store has wines for days. Check out this premium Stags’ Leap Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, or browse wines that are as affordable as they are lip-smackingly good.
So as you prepare your exploratory degustation, here are a few tips that'll help you in your search:
- If you're looking for a first favorite, start with white or a rose. Red wine is rich and delicious but has an acquired taste.
- Think about the flavors you generally enjoy and look for wines that resemble them. If you love bitterness, try a dry red, but if you have a sweet tooth, try a nice dessert wine.
- When you try wine, read the label so that even if it doesn't turn out to be the best wine for you, you know what not to look for in your next purchase.
- Old is gold, but personal taste trumps all. Choose what you like, not what's well-liked.
Here are some great wines that you should try:
1. Robert Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley 2018
This full-bodied blackberry and cardamom is a wonderful choice for the adventurous lover of reds. The classical flavors come from fruit from the finest vineyards in Napa.
2. Roth Cabernet Alexander Valley
If you love mocha, you'll love this deep red. It's rich, layered, and lingers on the palate with a very subtle mineral undertone. This wine is so delicious that you'll want to break out the crystal for the full California wine experience.
3. Meiomi Pinot Noir
If you like aromas of tobacco, fresh berries, and an undeniable cherry flavor, this isn't a dessert wine, but it certainly works as one. Enjoy the lightly spiced scents with salmon or beef, but note that a fresh pour and a decanted serving have a significant difference with wine this complex.
Make sure to try both to find out how you like this silky-strawberry red.
4. Ménage A Trois Dolce Sweet Red
It may be sweet, but the comforting cherry vanilla is complimented by hints of dark blackberry and tart raspberry. If you like mulled wine, this would go great with some cinnamon, even though it's semi-sparkling. It's a gently made symphony that's playful and crisp across the palate and has plenty of character and depth.
Especially if you enjoy it with baked brie.
Sam Liquor Store is here for your wine, spirit, and cigar needs. We have the widest range of famous quality tequila brands, a top-notch range of whiskey brands, and the finest variety of vodka delivered to your home. Click here to speak to us and find out if your area is within our delivery range.